Thursday, December 5, 2013

I don't have a skull. Or bones.

There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work.  This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in - that we do it to God, to Christ, and that's why we try to do it as beautifully as possible.  - Mother Teresa

I was brave today and went to work.

I got a job as a banquet server last week or so, yay! I even met a kid that served in the Northern part of New England while filling out paper work and getting some training.
Anyway, I ended up in the ER because I had extreme pain in my lower back and a fever that fluxed between 99.9 and 102.5 so work was shot for two weeks because of Thanksgiving and I only work Thursdays through Saturdays.  Oh don't worry about me, the pain when away with a nice morphine shot and the fever went away with some nasty teas and herbs from my dear mum, and lots of sleep.

I was really nervous going in because I haven't worked in food services before, especially not waitressing, but it was a lot of fun.  We worked in the biggest venue the site has but it wasn't to large of a group.  It was also a buffet so I just made sure that there was enough food out and did some bussing of tables.  Then helped clean up the wait room and straighten the tables after everyone left and it was all set.  It made it really nice that there were two other people there who hadn't worked before and they were awesome.  Our team lead was great too so it flowed really nice.  I think I will enjoy working there till Christmas.

Luke 2

No comments:

Post a Comment